Lecture Theatre and Meeting Room Booking System
This system provides an on-line mechanism for requesting Lecture Theatre and Meeting Room bookings in the Department of Engineering at the main Trumpington Street site and at the Institute for Manufacturing (IfM) on the West Cambridge site.
Booking a venue
Bookings are requested by clicking on a time slot in the booking sheets referenced below and filling in the requested information on the screen thus presented. This will result in an email being sent to the person requesting the booking and to the administrator for the room being booked. The administrator will either confirm the booking or delete it if it is not appropriate for the room being requested or there is some other problem which means that it cannot be accepted. In both cases, the system will generate a further automatic email to the person requesting the booking.
Below are links to the booking sheets for the available areas:
Tips for navigating the booking sheets:
- At the bottom of each booking sheet there are links to weekly and monthly views (one room at a time) as alternatives to the default daily view of all the rooms in the area.
- The title bar on every page contains a link back to this page, the "Booking System Index" link.
- More detailed help is available via the title bar "Help" link.
Additional non-area-specific guidance on use of the booking system is available under help. The help page also contains some information about the MRBS software which we are using for the booking system.
Considerations and notes
- Anyone in the University with a Raven account can request a Lecture Room or IfM booking but only members of the Department can book Main Site Meeting Rooms.
- There are charges to cover costs for bookings not relating to University business.
- We cannot take Lecture Theatre bookings more than a Term in advance (i.e. this Term and next Term only) as our timetabled teaching requirements are not finalised any sooner.
- Not all Meeting Rooms have disabled access and there are varying facilities available in different rooms; please see venues and facilities for details. (Raven login required)
- Main Site Meeting Rooms are split into two areas: those in the Baker Building and those in the Inglis Building.
- A booking is not valid until it has been confirmed, bookings listed as unconfirmed are only provisional.
New policy for Supervisors: You may not normally book meeting rooms for supervisions, further details are available here.